Thursday, October 16, 2008

So What Has Happened Since?


June 12th, was our first ultrasound (at which time they changed our due date from 1/29/09 to 2/4/08)...check out the first, of many, pictures that this child will have taken of him.
July 18th, we got to hear his heart beat for the first time. It was fast...exactly 160 beats per min. We were told that baby's heart beats typically range between 120 and 160 (120 - 140 most likely being a boy and 140 - 160 most likely being a girl...kind of an old wives tale). Chris said, to Dr. Seale, "so Lindsey...are you promising us that we are going to have a girl?" Like he was going to hold her to it if she said "yes." But she wouldn't confirm or deny. At this point, we are liking the following names: Girl...Hazel Anne Stinson, Boy...Liam Scott Stinson.
August 12th, Dr. Seale did an ultrasound for us, just for fun and free of charge. Parkhill must have been slow that day, since she let us look at him for a good 15-20 min. It was amazing...we got to count fingers and toes, check out his back bone, etc., but we were unable to figure out the gender...he was being modist (and it was pretty early to try to figure such out). I was in such amazement that I didn't look at Chris once...I just couldn't take my eyes off of that screen.

Our friend, Taylor, just couldn't stand it that we didn't get to find out if we were having a boy or a girl, so as a gift...she set up another ultrasound for us, with one of her clients (who is an ultrasound tec. @ Washington Regional). On August 21st, Chris, Taylor girl, and I got to watch him for almost 45 min. It was at this time that we figured out we were having a boy! Chris was giving everyone high fives, Taylor cried a bit, again...I couldn't stop starring, and we ended up with a roll of ultrasound film about 7 feet long.
Have I mentioned yet, that scanning and uploading ultrasound pictures is anything but easy!!
September 10th, we had our offical ultrasound, at Parkhill. They gave us a DVD of the ultrasound, which is more than cool...we can watch him move, hear his heart beat, etc. Note to expecting mothers...watch your ultrasound DVD...it isn't just copys of the still pictures. Liam's most recent picture is to the right.
September 19th, I felt him kick for the first time. Chris hasn't felt him yet, and jokes that I'm rubbing it in that I can feel him, and that Liam and I have our "own little inside joke," but really truely...I want so badly for him to experience this, too.

October 8th, I had to drink that yucky orange sugarfilled drink...results came back that OUR sugar levels are normal. My first thought was that Freddie (my brother-in-law) would be so proud!

No comments: